Since the 15th of October 2004, the organisation ECO - ROM AMBALAJE S.A. is the official representative in Romania of the "Green Dot" system. The national and European regulations in force, stipulates economic operators' obligation to fulfil the annual recovery and recycling targets for the packaging quantity they put on the market.
ECO - ROM AMBALAJE S.A. takes over, on a contractual basis and in exchange for unitary prices used for each type of packaging materials, the responsibility to organise the recovery and recycling activities and to report to competent authorities on the achievement of those legal objectives.
- To fulfil the legal objectives related to the 100% recovering and recycling for all customers;
- To organise an integrated waste management system at the national level for all types of packages:
- To develop the industrial scheme (packaging waste coming from companies);
- To take a direct part in projects with the local authorities in order to develop the local scheme (packaging waste coming from households).
In order to accomplish its objectives, ECO - ROM AMBALAJE S.A. established several partnerships with local authorities, sanitation and transportation companies as well as companies specialised in packaging waste recycling. ERA provides financial and technical support to municipalities' Waste Management Companies (WMC) aiming at implementing Pilot Projects named ERACOLECT. ERA signs a Protocol with the municipalities and the authorised Waste Management Companies to start the selective collection for household packaging waste.
ECO-ROM AMBALAJE S. A. founders:
- ARGUS S.A.
- BALL PACKAGING EUROPE
- BRAU UNION ROMANIA S.A.
- CHIPITA ROMANIA S.R.L.
- COCA-COLA HBC ROMANIA S.R.L.
- LOULIS S.A.
- MASTER FOODS ROMANIA S.R.L.
- MUNPLAST S.A.
- QUADRANT AMROQ BEVERAGES S.A.
- ROMAQUA GROUP S.A.
- TETRA PAK ROMANIA S.R.L.
- UNILEVER SOUTH CENTRAL EUROPE S.R.L.