Rekopol Organizacja Odzysku S.A. was founded in July 2001 as a not for profit company-by 16 economic operators: packaging manufacturers, packers and fillers.
The Shareholders of the Company currently represent 16 companies, i.e: Coca-Cola Beverages, Danone, Elopak, Farm Frites, Henkel, Huta Szkla Jaroslaw, Naleczowianka, Nestle, Pepsi-Cola General Bottlers, Procter&Gamble, Reckitt-Benckiser, Rexam -Szklo, SIG Combibloc, Tetra-Pak, British American Tobacco and Unilever.
The share capital of the Company amounts up to PLN 1.152.000-fully paid up in cash.
On 8 February, 2002 Rekopol Organizacja Odzysku S.A. which is the country leading compliance scheme has signed a Provisional General Licence Agreement with Pro Europe s.p.r.l and with DSD AG and obtained exclusivity rights for the Green Dot trademark up on the territory of Poland.
How do we operate?
- our services are available to any Entrepreneur obligated to ensure the recycling of packaging, except for packaging of hazardous substances;
- our activity is based on stable and long-lasting co-operation;
- our system is of a multi-material nature: services are addressed in particular to companies willing to entrust us with their entire volume of packaging;
- gminas (municipalities) are our partners in managing sales packaging from the household packaging waste stream;
- ensuring the recycling of secondary (group) and transport packaging generated by industry and trade makes for the considerable part of our operations and to this end reliable and trustworthy recycling companies are our partners; in managing ICI packaging waste stream.
We offer to our customers:
- taking over their legal recycling obligation and the entire responsibility for its due fulfilment;
- possibility to obtain a remuneration (co called "refund") for transferring to Rekopol documents confirming recycling of ICI packaging waste generated on the premises of a given enterprise;
- comprehensive fulfilment of Extended Producer Responsibility' obligations of companies at a lower cost than the product fee;
- standard contractual terms and conditions meaning equal treatment of all customers;
- high effectiveness of large-scale operations through servicing a large number of businesses;
- co-operation with material organisations (which bring together packaging producers and recyclers) in determining methods of collection and recycling of secondary materials;
- to become an interest and lobbying group for our customers
confidentiality of commercial information received