Welcome to the PRO Europe Website.
Based in Brussels, the "Packaging Recovery Organisation Europe s.p.r.l." was founded in 1995. PRO EUROPE is the umbrella organisation of 31 national producer responsibility systems engaged in the selective collection and recycling of packaging waste.
Please click here to read more
- 12-06 PRO EUROPE calls for the clarification of market rules in the packaging & packaging waste mana
- 11-07_position on a European refund system for one-way metal beverage cans
- 09-11 Waste Prevention guidlines - PRO E comments
- 09-09_PRO EUROPE response to EUPR press release on plastics
- 2009 Q&A Packaging and EU Directive on waste
- Directive 2002/96/EC on WEEE
- Green Paper on Market-Based Instruments ... 2007
- Deposit and return systems Dec 2008
- Mandatory Deposit (11/2008)
- Directive 75/442/EEC on waste
- Waste management strategy
- Directive 75/62/EC on packaging
- Sustainable use of natural resources
- Contact with foodstuffs
- Fact sheet on bioplastics
- 20 December 2013 Ekopak has become the 32nd member of PRO EUROPE
- 28 February 2013 PRO EUROPE has appointed a new managing director.
- 27 August 2012 PRO EUROPE welcomes the European Commission study on EU Member States waste manageme
- 02 July 2012 PRO Europe launches new website
- 15 June 2012 PRO EUROPE Press release on ISO global standards
- 31 May 2012 PRO EUROPE welcomes European Commission’s study on Use of Economic Instruments and Waste
- 18 May 2012 PRO EUROPE rejects Hungarian charges
- 03 May 2012 PRO EUROPE welcomes European Commission’s ‘Study on Coherence of Waste Legislation’
- 16 April 2012 PRO E Press release: new Member T.M.I.R.
- 05 April 2012 Press release on Eunomia study on metal beverage cans
- 23 June 2011 Öko Pannon celebrates anniversary, but future unclear
- 20 May 2011 PAKOMAK becomes member of PRO EUROPE
- 16 May 2011 DSD - Fishing for Litter
- 11th May 2011 REKOPOL 10th Anniversary
- 7th Apr 2011 New President of PRO EUROPE
- 7th Oct 2010 Green Dot 2010: Green Economy in Action
- 9th Nov 2010 New packaging tax risks to seriously harm the Hungarian industry
- 11th Oct 2010 Green Dot 2010:Effective Recycling Policies
- 02 Nov 2009 Sekopak joins PRO E
- 01 Oct 2009 EU supports through LIFE programme
- 09-10-06 CONAI joins PRO Europe
- 09-06-02 PRO E announces its new President
- 09-02-26 Sustainability Roundtable
- 09-02-19 Secondary raw materials
- YEP participates in the 2007 Green Week discussions
- Brussels, 14/12/2006 PRO E welcomes the EC packaging Dire
- Brussels, 13/12/2006 PRO EUROPE's network is expanding
- Brussels, 1 June 2005
- Brussels, 26 May 2005
- Brussels, 3 May 2005
- Brussels, 25 October 2004
- Brussels, 24 September 2004
- Brussels, 16 September 2004
- Brussels, 22 June 2004
- Brussels, 5 June 2004
- 09/01/2015PRO Europe supports the 22nd annual Packaging Waste and Sustainability Forum
- 20/12/2013Ekopak has become the 32nd member of PRO EUROPE
Sarajevo/Brussels, December 20th, 2013. The non-profit organisation EKOPAK, founded by packaging companies in Bosnia-Herzegovina today officially becomes a member of the umbrella organisation for European packaging and packaging waste recovery and recycling schemes in 32 countries, PRO EUROPE.
- 28/02/2013PRO EUROPE appoints a new MD
Brussels, 28 February 2013- PRO EUROPE, the umbrella organization representing those packaging recycling systems that mainly use the green dot as a trademark to symbolize the financial contribution to their organization set up in accordance with the principles defined by EC Council Directive 94/62, has appointed today a new managing director.
- 04/01/2013PRO Europe Newsletter Winter 2012
As always, this newsletter provides you with a glimpse of recent PRO EUROPE activities, this time a meeting between representatives from PRO EUROPE, Eco-Emballages and Fost Plus with the Principal Administrator responsible for waste in the Division for Environment and Economic Integration at the OECD in Paris.
- 08/11/2012PRO Europe Newsletter Autumn 2012
In this edition, you will find an overview of some recent EU policy developments of relevance to PRO EUROPE’s priorities, this time including, inter alia, the Commission’s study on Waste Management Performance of EU Member States. The newsletter also gives you a glimpse of recent PRO EUROPE activities and members’ news.
- 05/09/2012PRO EUROPE welcomes the European Commission study on EU Member States waste management performances
PRO EUROPE welcomes the European Commission study on EU Member States waste management performances
- 06/07/2012PRO EUROPE launches new waste prevention website
An important mission for PRO EUROPE and its members is to contribute to reducing the environmental impact of packaging. As part of the work that we do, PRO EUROPE is proud to announce the launch of its new website proeurope4prevention.
- 28/06/2012PRO E Position paper on competition
PRO EUROPE calls for the clarification of market rules in the packaging & packaging waste management sector
- 18/06/2012PRO EUROPE Press release on ISO global standards
Brussels, 15 June 2012 – in late May representatives of PRO EUROPE participated again in the experts workshops and the plenary meeting of International Standard Organisation (ISO) Committee on Packaging and Environment, this time in Seoul, South Korea, where the final texts of the ISO world Standards on Packaging and Environment were finalised and are expected for publication in October later this year.
- 18/06/2012 PRO E welcomes EC’s study on ‘Use of Economic Instruments & Waste Management Performances’
Brussels, 31 May 2012 – In its study on the ‘Use of Economic Instruments (EIs) and Waste Management Performances’, BIO Intelligence Service (BIOIS) has carried out a critical examination of the relation between waste management in EU Member States and the use of EIs.
- 16/04/2012PRO EUROPE Press release new Member T.M.I.R
T.M.I.R. – also known as “TAMIR”, has been founded by the Manufacturer's Association of Israel to organise and finance the system for separate collection, recycling and recovery of packaging waste, allowing manufacturers and importers of packed consumed products to fulfill their obligations under the new Israeli Packaging Waste Law.
- 06/06/2012PRO EUROPE Press release on Eunomia study on metal beverage cans
The final results of the Commission DG Environment’s project, carried out by Eunomia, on ‘Options and Feasibility of a European Refund System for Metal Beverage Cans’ were recently published. Eunomia has carried out a thorough and systematic methodological work in relation to the study, which makes several important findings.
- 06/06/2012RO EUROPE rejects Hungarian Secretary of State, Zoltán Illés' charges'
PRO EUROPE, has written a letter to the Hungarian Secretary of State for Environmental Affairs, Zoltán Illés, to raise its concerns and rectify the misconception there may have been concerning PRO EUROPE’s views on the new Hungarian Product Charge law.
- 14/11/2011Packstory - A Virtual Exhibition on Packaging
Fost Plus in partnership with PRO E has developed this virtual exhibition on packaging with a focus on food waste. click the heading above to view more...
- 09/11/2011Tread Lightly! Youth, educators, and environmentalists gathered in London, Paris, Milan, Amsterdam and Oslo
In October 2011, youth, educators, and environmentalists gathered in London, Paris, Milan, Amsterdam and Oslo in a series of environmental forums organized by Tread Lightly. The purpose of these forums was to formulate recommendations for the Rio+20 Earth Summit agenda.
- 07/11/2011Latest Plastic recycling technology
DSD Video: A video about the latest technology of plastic recycling by DSD click for more...
- 10/08/2011PRO EUROPE position paper on Plastic bags
In recent years, a number of political initiatives (national and local) have been taken, involving the introduction of a levy or ban on plastic shopping bags in Europe.
- 25/01/2011New packaging tax risks to seriously harm the Hungarian industry
The Hungarian government is planning to introduce a new tax regime for packaging waste although the industry has successfully fulfilled all recycling and recovery targets for used packaging up to now